Queensland National Ballet School
NEW STUDIOS - 81 Newmarket Road
0415 951 077
Queensland National Ballet School
Dancers: Abbey Haller and Ryley Grgic
PHOTOGRAPHER: JASON CHRISTIE PHOTOGRAPHY
-Advanced Diploma in Dance (Elite Performance) CUA60113- 2/3 years full-time- 15years+
-Certificate IV in Dance CUA40113- 2/3 years full-time- 12 years+
-Academic Schooling through Cairns School of Distance education (subsidized fee).
1 or 2 day options available for student in conductions with local high schools.
All courses are available for both students enrolled in Academic schooling and for students that have either finished school or are not enrolled.
Fully Government Accredited and Nationally Recognized Training Organization Full-time courses RTO 31713
- Full-time from age 12yrs+ (3-5 days per week).
Developing students with all the skills to pursue a career in the dance industry, we are dedicated to developing our dancers with a strong, refined and secure classical ballet technique with a solid contemporary technique and styles. Priding ourselves in training our students to be versatile technical dancers and experienced performers.
We offer our students with the highest regarded faculty of former professional dancers available. Student have been accepted into Hamburg Ballet School - Germany, Bejart Ballet School - Lausanne Switzerland, Houston Ballet II - Texas, English National Ballet School - London, Northern Ballet Company- Professional Year- Leeds England, Australian Ballet School, Basel Ballet School - Switzerland, Royal Ballet School of Antwerp - Belgium, European School of Dance- Amsterdam, Le Centre International de Danse Rosella Hightower - France, Elmhurst Ballet School - Birmingham, Central Ballet School - London, Akademie des Tansz - Mannheim, Miami City Ballet School, Orlando Ballet School, Arizona Ballet School, Queensland Ballet Pre-Professional Programme, Sydney Dance Company Pre Professional Year and many more.
New Purpose built facility from 2016, walking distance to public transport with student/concession fares.
Specialist in Classical Ballet and Contemporary Dance, Male and Pas De Deux training using the Russian Vaganova Method of Classical Ballet.
Subjects include- Training in the prestigious Russian Vaganova method of classical ballet, contemporary dance, pas de deux, pointe, repertoire, performance, stretching and strength conditioning, cardio, jazz and industry development practices. ACB Exam syllabus classes also available.
- Martyn Fleming (Artistic Director) - Former Principal - English National Ballet/ Bejart Ballet Lausanne.
- Tracey Myles (Principal Director) - Qld National Ballet School.
- Maina Gielgud (Patron) Former Director Australian Ballet Company/Royal Danish Ballet.
- Francois Klaus- Former Artistic Director-Qld Ballet Company
- Robyn White- Former Associate Director- Qld Ballet Company.
- Justine Summers- Former Principal - Australian Ballet Company/Birmingham Royal Ballet.
- Gaylene Cummerfield - Former Principal - Birmingham Royal Ballet Company.
- Clare Morehen - Former Principal - Qld Ballet Company.
- Karen Donovan - Former Principal - Birmingham Royal Ballet.
- Yue Shi (Tony) Classical/Pas de duex/Boys coaching - Former Artist- Royal New Zealand Ballet Company, Qld Ballet Company and Singapore Dance Theatre. Graduate of the Beijing Dance Academy (Vaganova) and New Zealand School of Dance.
- Sarah Thompson- Former Soloist- Staatsballett Hannover-Germany/Artist Qld Ballet Company
- Amelia Waller - Former Soloist- Qld Ballet Company (Contemporary).
- Caitlin Cowhig- Bejart Ballet Lausanne-Rudra Ecole- Switzerland (Contemporary).
Full-time Auditions held in Oct/Nov
Taking Private or Video auditions Now! Please contact us now to book a audition or if you have any questions.
Scholarships or subsidies:
The Annual "Maina Gielgud MALE Scholarships" Full and Part scholarships NOW AVAILBLE Financial assistance- Qld National Ballet School Full-time is approved by Centerlink - Youth Allowance and Austudy/Abstudy. (Certificate IV only).