National College Of Dance
151 Young Road
02 4952 9294
CUA20120 Certificate II in Dance
CUA30120 Certificate III in Dance
CUA40120 Certificate IV in Dance
CUA51520 Diploma of Dance (Elite Performance)
CUA60120 Advanced Diploma of Professional Dance (Elite Performance) CUA30920 Certificate III in Music
CUA30820 Certificate III in Music
CUA40820 Certificate IV in Music
CUA50820 Diploma of Music
CUA20920 Certificate III in Dance Teaching and Management
CUA40320 Certificate IV in Dance Teaching and Management
DANCE: Classical, Contemporary and Commercial streams available
Intensive Training and Part time programs available under our Certificate II and III in Dance programs
Units Selected in each course are reflective of NCD's focus in preparing students for a professional career in dance in their chosen stream.
With more than 35 full time students gracing our hallways, the National College of Dance's full-time programs, not only have an outstanding history of 100% offers and placement for our students, but also provide ongoing support and long-lasting friendships for all our dancers.
Our leading-edge training programs create versatile, technical and individual performers who are audition ready and employable. Every program is individualised and specialised for each dancer, and as a result, more than 10 students are placed into recognised and elite training programs or junior companies every year.
The National College of Dance is a nationally accredited and registered training organisation. Our speciality is training students who desire a career in Classical, Contemporary and Commercial dance, and providing them with a Registered Course Certificate at graduation.
With our students performing within Australia and all over the world, we are proud to achieve year-on-year success for our graduating students and overseas placements.
As a choreographic and performance school, our students are regularly provided performance opportunities via our own college performances, or through the National Youth Ballet Company performances.
NCD works with Australia's leading choreographers and mentors, our training programs train and prepare students for the entertainment industry whether in Ballet, contemporary or commercial dance.
Our programs include:
- Full time and part time courses up to Advanced Diploma
- Successful audition strategies and preparation
- Career Planning sessions
- Life Skill sessions for living away from home
- Audition video and CV / Bio preparation Alumni Forums
- Nutrition sessions with our in-house Dietitian
Each stream has individualised course content specifically designed to provide students the highest level of training material available which will develop each dancer in their chosen genre. All streams complete units in Classical Ballet, Contemporary Dance, Choreography, Anatomy, Nutrition, Body Conditioning, Career Planning, Performance and Audition Preparation, Partnering, Repertoire and Private Coaching.
Classical Ballet, contemporary, repertoire, Jazz, choreography, partnering, body conditioning.
8.00am to 5.30pm Monday - Friday
Students should be 13 years old+, completed Classical Ballet exams to the equivalent of Intermediate RAD level. Auditions require you to complete a college class with NCD and have a classical and contemporary or alternative solo prepared. Interviews with Artistic Director will follow.
- Brett Morgan OAM - Artistic Director / Choreographer
- Jake Burden - Creative Director / Classical and Contemporary
- Timothy Gordon - Head Teacher / Mentor / Renowned international choreographer and Alexander Technique Instructor
- Debbie Ellis - Linnert - Head of Contemporary / Choreographer
- Victor Zarallo - Contemporary and Classical teacher / Choreographer
- Elise Frawley - Associate Artistic Director - NCD Junior Academy / Intensive Training Transition Program, Instructor/ Mentor and RAD Examiner.
- Emma Burden - Nutritionist / Instructor - Classical and Character
- Montana Doyle - Choreographer / Instructor / Mentor - Contemporary and Jazz Choreographer
- Ginevra Cicatello - classical and contemporary teacher / RAD teacher
- Vicki Attard - Regular Guest Teacher - Classical and Pointe Instruction
- Alisha Coon - Instructor / Classical / Yoga / Meditation and Wellbeing
- Vicki Morgan - Career planning
- Kym Mulcahy - Musical Thetre
Video auditions can be submitted via our website www.nationalcollegeofdance.com.au/auditions. Private auditions are available by appointment.
Solo in classical and also a second in your preferred genre is required. Private Audition Students will experience a full day of training with our current full-time students as well as completing solos appropriate to the course.
Available upon enquiry. Complete an enquiry online for a prospectus.
Scholarship or Subsidies
Look out for our scholarship auditions in September / October. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a scholarship pack.
Possible Career Options
Graduates have the opportunity to audition for national and international finishing schools and companies. Full career guidance and assistance with audition applications and DVD's are provided by our experienced teachers.