Shaun Parker has scored a double win for his work on the music video, Tomorrow. The video, which tackles LGBTIQ issues as well as themes of racial discrimination, has received the award for Best Director at the Sweden Film Awards and at the Prague International Film Festival.
Parker’s involvement links back to his Queer Bites program, which is a workshop and mentorship program for emerging LGBTIQ identifying artists. A key element of Queer Bites is to continue to foster the careers of participants, and multiple members of the 2020 program were involved with the award winning music video.
Featuring three emerging LGBTIQ artists whom Parker has been mentoring, the music video for Tomorrow has also recently been awarded Best Screendance Short Bronze Award and Best Music Video (Honorable Mentions) at the Independent Shorts Awards in Los Angeles as well as Best Music Video at the Sweden Film Awards.
In addition, the video has been shortlisted at 15 international festivals locally and internationally including
- London Lift-Off Film Festival
- Made In The West Film Festival (finalist)
- New York International Film Awards (semi-finalist)
- Oniros Film Awards New York (semi-finalist)
- Sydney Lift Off Film Festival (official selection)
- Melbourne Lift-Off Film Festival (official selection)
- Audio Shoot International Music Video Festival - Ireland (official selection)
- PIMFF - Prague International Film Festival - Czech Republic (official selection)
Shaun Parker is the artistic director of Sydney-based Shaun Parker & Company.