Audition for Australian Dance Theatre
Auditions for Adelaide contemporary dance company, Australian Dance Theatre (ADT), are only held when needed. That’s not very often but they are being held now. The company is looking for strong, highly skilled and thoughtful contemporary dancers who have a minimum of three years professional contemporary dance experience to work under the artistic direction of Garry Stewart.
ADT has a well-established international profile and tours regularly throughout national and international regions. The successful applicant will be offered a one-year contract of full-time employment commencing 4 January 2021 and will be required to relocate to Adelaide, South Australia. The successful applicant will be selected on a number of criteria that includes having the quality, style, strength and suitability to integrate into the present company ensemble.
Australian Dance Theatre strongly encourages Australian indigenous dancers to apply.
- One head shot
- Two dance shots
- Links to video footage (YouTube or Vimeo – 4 min max) including passwords if used
- CV including two references
The audition will be held in three stages:
- Stage one: Application with video links of dance footage.
- Stage Two: Shortlisted applicants will be required to learn and perform an excerpt of choreography, taught via Zoom by ADT company dancers.
- Stage Three: Dependent upon COVID travel restrictions, shortlisted candidates will be invited to travel to Adelaide for a final audition and interview at the ADT studios.
Closing date for Stage One of applications is Monday, 16 November 2020.
- CANDIDE MCDONALD