Apply for Chunky Move program
Melbourne's Chunky Move, in partnership with the Tanja Liedtke Foundation, is inviting applications to a new program, Solitude 1, it has created for independent artists especially in response to the pandemic lockdown.
A fee of $6000 each will be awarded to 10 artists to undertake curatorially guided, home-based choreographic research, which will have the potential to be further realised as part of a new Chunky Move work, Secret Gardens.
Independent dance artists working in choreographic, improvisation, performance and/or expanded practice fields are encouraged to submit proposals for projects that consider:
- how a reduced, enclosed space is being addressed as a necessary limitation in the research/creation
- how the project might share space in close proximity to other works, in a future outcome
- willingness to be integrated into a future performance context where significant design considerations are led by Chunky Move, but developed in collaboration with the artist
- willingness to engage in an open creative dialogue with Chunky Move and potentially with other Solitude 1 artists about their work.
- Sunday 17 May, 2020: Closing date for submission of proposals.
- Week commencing 1 June, 2020: Artists notified of outcome. Projects begins.
- Week commencing 31 August, 2020: Research / development completed and project documentation provided to Chunky Move.
- September – December, 2020: Chunky Move will consider which projects will be invited for further development over the coming years as part of Secret Gardens.
To apply, go here.