Classical Ballet 121
Level 2, 575 Pacific Highway
0451 953 768
121 Classical Ballet
Dancer: Teia Chapman
PHOTOGRAPHER: MATT JENSEN
- Cert IV in Dance
- Diploma of Dance (Elite Performance)
Classical Ballet 121 now offers a registered training program tailor-made for dancers wishing to pursue a career in ballet. We deliver Cert IV in Dance and Diploma of Dance (Elite Performance) in a partnership agreement with the ATOD, one of the leading providers of nationally accredited dance teaching in Australia. Students are given the opportunity to complete their dance education with a fully accredited qualification - providing pathways to further education.
Part time program
For students who wish to transition towards full time training. Bespoke programs can be tailor made around schooling, other dance commitments or activities.
Our rehabilitation program runs alongside the Full Time Program and caters for students with injuries who wish to return to full training stronger and fitter than ever.
At CB121 we care about our student's well-being, dreams and aspirations. This unique ballet course is designed to inspire, encourage and challenge dancers in a nurturing friendly environment. Gilly Revie personally guides each student, encouraging them to use the program as a tool to find the right path for them. Emphasis is placed on self-reflection, goal setting and research so that each student truly understands their individual strengths and weaknesses. Realistic decision making is first and foremost at CB121.
- Ballet-based on age and ability
- RAD- examination work for all levels
- Solos-carefully selected and used as a tool to develop artistry through technique
- Repertoire-to build strong understanding and appreciation of traditional to contemporary ballets.
- Virtuosity-a focus on grand allegro and coda for power, height and speed
- Pas de deux-balance, endurance and learning to trust and connect with your partner
- Contemporary-to encourage self-expression, natural movement and personal interpretation
- Character-traditional character classes compliment ballet training
- Spanish-in the highly expressive Flamenco dance style
- Dancelete-developed to support the dancers complete well-being as athlete, artist and individual person
- Dance Fitness/Pilates/Yoga/Nutrition-all help build knowledge for self care, and develop personal strength and stamina.
Practical dance classes per week:
Approx 25 per week.
Contact hours per day:
Approx 7 hours per day.
- Ballet/Solos/Rep: Gillian Revie
- Ballet/ Solo Rep: Iohna Loots
- Ballet/Rehab: Bronte Kelly
- RAD: Teresa Johnson
- Pilates/Cardio/Pas De Deux/Boys Strength Building: Alistair Stewart
- Contemporary: Cooper Terry/Texas Nixon-Kain
- Character: Vadym Domashchenko
- Spanish: Marina Tamayo
- Yoga: Penelope Stubbs
- Anatomy: Nicole Baer
- Dancelete/Dance Fitness: Antonia Johnson
- Head of Education: Catherine Baartz
Guest Teachers: Wim Broeckx, Martin James, Ben Davis, Andrew Wright, Jacquiline Clark, Christina Chan
Auditions are arranged to suit you-trial days, via zoom or video links. Please contact us if you want to discuss where your future in ballet lies.
Our website is the place to go for further information: classicalballet121.com
To ensure that CB121 is the right fit for you, arrange a Trial Day/Week. Confidential private auditions (face to face or via Zoom) are also available throughout the year for midyear and 2022 intakes.
For information please email: email@example.com
Scholarships or subsidies:
For further information please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or go to the website: www.classicalballet121.com
Possible career options:
Weekly research classes include CV writing/ Biographies/ School and Company Research/ DVD Preparation. Each student has a termly goal setting meeting to ensure that personal planning is on the right track. Placement Opportunities are sought through Classical Ballet 121's broad network in the international dance community.